Sunday, March 7, 2010

Which way to the red carpet ride?

DISCLAIMER: I wrote this while watching the red carpet before the show!

Can’t believe I’m not going to be able to watch the Academy Awards!!! The Party’s over!!! And if you have Cablevision then you know what I’m talking about!! It’s completely unfair! It’s all about money (just like everything else) and it makes my blood boil. But I am watching the red carpet on my couch writing this blog, coughing up my lungs (yes I have a cold too so this day is turning out to be fun!) and I am thinking about these people’s lives and I wonder what they thought of before they hit it big. Did they think that they would be on that red carpet one day? Did they just do the work, working their hardest and one day they woke up with a nomination? I don’t know but it just makes me think (and this is very optimistic of me) you never know where life can take you (yeah, sometimes it takes you to really crappy places, I know I’ve been there a few times and I know you have too) but life can also take you to unexpected and exciting places as well, but and it’s a really big but, you need to be in it! You need to show up and be prepared and then be flexible enough to go with the wave. You need to put yourself out there and experience it! (I'm learning this slowly or at least putting it into action.) You never know when you turn the corner what will be waiting for you and I’m starting to get excited about that (hold on while I get a tissue as I just sneezed). I’m not usually excited about the unknown but when you think about all the great things that can happen, it’s easier to feel that way. I’m excited about all the great things that are possible!

Here’s another thing that I can’t believe I’m actually going to do but I’m gonna quote Simon Cowell. Yes, it has come this. I watched American Idol on Tuesday (which I don’t usually do until it’s the top 10 because I can’t care about all these people, lol) but I watched. And one guy (I think it was the mullet kid) was talking about how he threw up before he would play a sport and now he throws up before he sings (although I’ve never thrown up before a performance, I can relate to him). Well he sang, did a pretty ok job and then Simon Cowell basically told him to stop it. Then he said, “The only time to be nervous is when you are useless”. Interesting thought! Not sure I totally agree but I’m gonna try to accept it because I know that I’m not useless (well I am in some places, like the kitchen and with cleaning agents like a mop and soap and things of that nature, lol) but I’m definitely not useless on the stage (not saying I’m incredible, but I have something to give).

Then he said, “Take your opportunity and do your best”! So on March 18th and 19th (when my One-Act goes up for the first time) I will take my opportunity and do my best. I have no idea what will happen and I have no idea if people will like it but I’ll be there, I’ll take my opportunity and I will do my best. I’m gonna show up and be ready. And I’m gonna see where this ride will take me. It may take me nowhere but I will learn from it regardless. I’m excited about this unknown. If you want to take the ride with me, you can come see the show (shameless plug lol). The tickets will be sold on SmartTix.com but unfortunately the tickets are not on sale as of yet!

Now, I’m gonna try to find some place on the world wide web to watch the show (without getting a virus)! And if I can’t see it, then I’ll try to do something that will be proactive for my career or I’ll eat something cause that makes me happy too, lol!! Be in your life, you gotta be in it to win it baby!

Update: I found a site online, but in the end it didn’t matter, ABC was back on! Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! It’s called the Academy Awards! No worries, I ate something too!

No comments: